Skip to main content

Just Go For It!

Setting goals and making a plan to achieve them is definitely one of my strong suits. Social media can be very opaque. Full of motivational quotes, photos of nature and pictures of us living our best life. There are not many of us who knows what goes on in our friends lives outside of the image portrayed on social media.


I’m not one to talk about my personal life outside of posting pretty/positive things in social media.
For example...I was in a car wreck in June and got a concussion. My car ended up being totaled. The
other person was completely fine. I walked away with a minor concussion, some airbag burns and
bruises. It was so scary though. Curse being vertically challenged and blind spots. So it was a
surprise a week later when I finally told some of my best friends. Sorry Crystal, Rachel, Emma, Sarah
and Ashley! 

This post is about going for it. Things that’s been going on in my life that’s very important to me and not
posted on social media.  


So here it goes. Ever since I knew I wanted to become a librarian, my long term goal was and still is to
become a Director of Media & Technology for a school system. I want to help schools and fellow Media
Coordinators grow and flourish in the ever changing world of technology in the 21st century.  So in March
I applied to grad school at UNCG, to be a part of their Media Supervisor Licensure program.


In May I found out the Director of Media and Technology in my school system was retiring. I knew I had
to apply. I was a little apprehensive because of my age and experience. I’ve been a Library Media
Coordinator for 9 years. BUT, I was not going to let that stop me from applying.

To my delight, I got an interview in June. It’s very flattering to be selected among your peers. But let me
tell you, it’s nerve wracking and exhilarating to sit in front of your supervisors and school system
colleagues while discussing your vision and passion for the position. 


Day of the interview!
Blazer & top- Size XS- Loft


The day after my interview, I officially was accepted into the Program at UNCG! I will be starting this fall
and I am so excited to learn and grow in my profession! 


I did not get the position. While that was a little discouraging to hear, it was also understandable. I 100%
believe that everything happens for a reason.  The person who got the position is fantastic and she has
been an educator for a long time. I know we are in good hands! 


The interview was a great experience and helped me determine that I definitely want to pursue that
career down the road. 

If you have goals and dreams that you want to fulfill, I say go for it! And at the end of the day know that
you tried your best!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Dress Must Haves

In case you haven't noticed by now, I have a thing for lace and polka dots. There is just something about the girly lace details and fun prints that draw me in. My good friend gave me a gift card to a local boutique for my birthday and it had been burning a hole in my pocket ever since!  I recently visited The Addition at F. Rees Boutique in Mt. Airy, NC and found the cutest BB Dakota Dress! It has flirty buttons on the front along the neckline. The fitted waist gives a very flattering look. This dress is adorable and perfect for spring and summer events! Wearing a size 0 for reference One of my favorite clothing stores is Altd. State. The store itself is gorgeous inside with their glamorous lighting and cozy dressing rooms. On my last visit I found the prettiest lace dress. Usually I steer away from light yellow, but I had to try it on anyway. It was too pretty to pass up. Once I tried it on, I knew it would be going home with me. I already have so many events I

Out Of The Dark & Into The Light

I am not one to talk about my personal life or insecurities, but here it goes. I recently lost 17 pounds and I'm feeling better than ever about myself. Was it easy??  No. It took a lot of dedication...BUT changing your eating habits can make a huge impact on your results.  I teach dance fitness classes and I've done Boot Camps before...but didn't change my bad habits, so I didn't see the results I wanted. Sick of not seeing results, I simply changed the way I ate. Now that I've dropped the pounds, I'm going to the gym to tone up.  "But you don't need to lose any weight!" I kept my feelings to myself because I didn't have a lot to lose compared to some, but being petite (standing at 5'2) those 17 extra pounds made a big difference. It was a terrible feeling.  Ladies....Guys.....You can do it!  If you are down on yourself about weight gain just remember, it can be done! Little changes can make a big difference. 1. Dri

What to Wear on a Hiking/Camping Trip out West

As an avid outdoors gal, I am always trying to find good deals on versatile clothing to wear when hiking and camping. Smartwool and Lululemon are hands down my favorite brands. I have a variety of Lululemon leggings, tanks and sports bras that I can mix and match. When it gets cool on the trail, I throw on a Smartwool sweater. If it’s really cold, Smartwool long underwear under my leggings! Below are some outfits I pairs together while camping at Yellowstone National Park. Like my outfit? Click the link below to shop Lululemon.  http://tinyurl.com/y4znc7nq