Skip to main content

Spring Cleaning + Saying Bye to Negativity

It's finally nice outside and I am home with the flu!  On the bright side, it has given me time to rest and reflect on some things. 

Self-worth & Social Media:


I have worked hard on myself over the past several months and I feel great. Not only have I made a mental transformation, but also a physical one. I finally feel like “me” again and it’s great to be back after feeling that way for a couple of years.  A couple of years of being very hard on myself.

I am thankful for my family and friends who have ALWAYS supported me. For those who are truly happy for me when I am happy and who are there if I’m not. 


My circle is small, so if I've let you in, it's because I trust you as a person and value your friendship.



I've gotten to the point in my life where petty things don't bother me too much. But sometimes social media throws you for a loop. Like when someone who you considered a friend "unfollows" you on social media. I''m not going to lie, it hurt my feelings, even stung a little. Here I am finally happy with myself and loving life.  
But you know what?? I'm keeping my head up and I'm going to keep on living and loving my life. 

Spring Cleaning:

Before I came down with the dreadful flu, I started switching out my winter wardrobe with my spring/summer wardrobe. Sometimes when I look at myself in the mirror, I don't always see that I have lost weight. But when I tried on my shorts, almost all of them were too big. (Disclaimer: I'm not trying to lose any more weight, just maintain).


 My loss is your gain! I will be posting some of my shorts on my Poshmark page so stay tuned. 


New go to spring dress:

I decided to give Stitch Fix another try. My March fix did not disappoint! I only kept one dress, but I loved everything that my stylist picked out for me. I can't wait to see what I get in my April fix! This maxi dress is adorable for spring. It is long, but I made it work with wedges. 

If you hate doing shopping or just hate trying on clothes while you are shopping, Stitch Fix is perfect for you. You fill out a style profile online and get paired up with a stylist who handpicks 5 pieces (clothes, accessories, shoes, etc) for your "Fix". It will be mailed to your address so you can try on the clothes in the comfort of your own home. Like what you got? You just keep it and it will be added to your cart when you checkout. Don't love it? Just send it back in the prepaid mailer that came in your box. 


Dress: Lux & Co knit maxi dress  (size xs)

Want this dress or to give Stitch Fix a try?? Click here! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out Of The Dark & Into The Light

I am not one to talk about my personal life or insecurities, but here it goes. I recently lost 17 pounds and I'm feeling better than ever about myself. Was it easy??  No. It took a lot of dedication...BUT changing your eating habits can make a huge impact on your results.  I teach dance fitness classes and I've done Boot Camps before...but didn't change my bad habits, so I didn't see the results I wanted. Sick of not seeing results, I simply changed the way I ate. Now that I've dropped the pounds, I'm going to the gym to tone up.  "But you don't need to lose any weight!" I kept my feelings to myself because I didn't have a lot to lose compared to some, but being petite (standing at 5'2) those 17 extra pounds made a big difference. It was a terrible feeling.  Ladies....Guys.....You can do it!  If you are down on yourself about weight gain just remember, it can be done! Little changes can make a big difference. 1. Dri

Spring Dress Must Haves

In case you haven't noticed by now, I have a thing for lace and polka dots. There is just something about the girly lace details and fun prints that draw me in. My good friend gave me a gift card to a local boutique for my birthday and it had been burning a hole in my pocket ever since!  I recently visited The Addition at F. Rees Boutique in Mt. Airy, NC and found the cutest BB Dakota Dress! It has flirty buttons on the front along the neckline. The fitted waist gives a very flattering look. This dress is adorable and perfect for spring and summer events! Wearing a size 0 for reference One of my favorite clothing stores is Altd. State. The store itself is gorgeous inside with their glamorous lighting and cozy dressing rooms. On my last visit I found the prettiest lace dress. Usually I steer away from light yellow, but I had to try it on anyway. It was too pretty to pass up. Once I tried it on, I knew it would be going home with me. I already have so many events I

It's Been A While...

I truly let blogging slip away from me over the past few months. After finding out my mom has breast cancer and learning that I am expecting a baby in May, I guess you could say I re-prioritized some things in my life. There is nothing more gut wrenching than learning that your mama and best friend has the C word. Let me tell you, she is the strongest woman I know. She had a double mastectomy in October and has been undergoing Chemo treatments since November. She is kicking cancer in the ass. Literally a week and a half after finding out my mom had cancer, I learned that I'm pregnant. My husband and I had made the decision to start trying, little did we know it would happen so soon! It was the best news! My husband and I were overjoyed and could not wait to share the news with our moms. We told them super early (6 weeks) because this little blessing was just what my mama needed to help her through her cancer diagnosis. Our moms were over the moon and my dad, I've never seen h